Sunday, August 4, 2013

Dancing on the ceiling

You might recall that there was some worrisome water damage on the plaster ceiling in the guestroom/playroom upstairs. The Mr. and Casey have been working very hard on drywalling over it, which was deemed the safest, most hygienic and cost effective solution. I was concerned about losing any ceiling height at all, but unless you're making a determined comparison of this room with the master bedroom, you really can't tell that it's about an inch shorter than it used to be. These pictures are mid-process, I've been told that they're actually finishing it this weekend. 





In preparation for completed electrical and painted ceilings, I ordered two of these lights from Amazon, where they were $15 cheaper than the orange store. They've since gone up in price on Amazon as well, so I'm just going to pat myself on the back for striking while the iron was hot. I think I will do one in this bedroom and one in the master, and we'll see how that works. I was thinking about something a little fancier in the master, but the Mr. wasn't feeling it.


No comments:

Post a Comment