Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pink and Black Bathroom

There is actually one room in this whole house where I want to keep the wallpaper as is: the downstairs half bathroom.

This may be because I have no idea what to paint this room, and I kind of enjoy the swanky little fish. It's also in much better shape than the other wallpaper in the house.

The current plan is to replace the toilet and sink with vintage looking white fixtures. The black toilet just really squicks me out for some reason. Is that weird? I'll put in a pedestal sink instead of the nasty vanity and paint the cabinet over the toilet a glossy black. Then we'll rip down the curtain and call it a day.

The tile floor has a lot of yellow in it, actually, and has been painstakingly laid to be flush with the hardwood floor. So we're not interested in replacing it unless we absolutely have to. There are a few wonky spots where they've done some repairs, but we have no idea what's behind the vanity or the toilet.

I'll admit that my first impulse was just to demo the whole thing, but one of my BFFs convinced me to keep it  as a highly coveted vintage find. It grew on me, what can I say. 

My only other idea for this room is chalkboard paint above the tile: 


No comments:

Post a Comment