Saturday, April 27, 2013

Living Room

The living room isn't a super complicated or work heavy job, thankfully. The wallpaper, carpet and curtains are all coming out (obvs). I love the original leaded glass in the window and the cabinet doors, although I worry about its compatibility with the Kid and his rock and roll lifestyle. This room ruined me for (filthy) fireplaces.
It has a gas log but no one has been able to figure out how to turn it on. It will probably be the Kid who figures it out, and he'll probably catch something on fire. 

A vintage illustration via American Vintage Home's Flickr

Our dearly departed homeowner must have been channeling the blue accents in the room above when they put blue light bulbs in the sconces. These are the only wired light fixtures in the entire room. 

Inspiration for this room was pretty hard to find because I was looking for something at a specific intersection of modern and traditional. Once I found my colors I was set. 

And then I realized I had just set my little decorating heart on the hardest color to match EVER. It's a little yellow, it's a little pink, it's not too light or too dark. It is the bane of my paint deck. But I keep trying, because I just love the concept so much. 

Kelly Rae Roberts made me reconsider a straight up yellow: 
 Benjamin Moore's Weston Flax is the color. 

Benjamin Moore's Caramel Creme is the running favorite from my paint deck. I love being able to Google images of people using paint colors in their spaces because it gives you a sneak peek of how it might look in your own space, but it gets harder to find images with the less popular colors and then you feel unnecessarily anxious. Or at least I do. Here is one room of BM Caramel Creme in action via Of Sound Mind


Pretty close, right? Only swatches will tell... 


No comments:

Post a Comment