Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dining Room

The dining room itself isn't a huge issue, but the kitchen is. So this room is going to be hanging out for a bit while we figure out the kitchen business. One of my BFFs has been dying for me to save the 'party carpet'. Like, campaigning for months. She wants to use it for some nefarious Design Star scheme involving white sofas and lava lamps. I will support her in this endeavor as long as it takes place in the garage.

Here is the wall between the dining room and the kitchen. The idea is to open up the doorway between the two rooms and put in an island with cabinets to give us some kitchen space and bring more light and flow to the dining room. This kitchen is way too small for everyone to be standing in it at a party, so we need easy visual and audio access to the dining room. Also, it will just feel better day to day. 

The pantry is on the right of the doorway, so if we decide to move that around we could potentially have an even larger opening. But the kitchen is so small there isn't a whole lot of other places the pantry could go. 

This room has been the most fun to find inspiration for, because I've got a fever and the only prescription is more AQUA!

BM's Jamaican Aqua is the paint deck favorite, and I love how bold and bright it is. 
Image from Cupkay, which I would like to eat, I love it so much. 

You might remember that this home tour from Poppytalk used the BM Yarmouth Blue in the master that I want to put in the upstairs bedrooms. They also used Jamaican Aqua in their kid's room. Jill, the homeowner, warns that it is bright, but it looks pretty toned down here: 

And yet another bedroom from Kathleen Murphy Designs: 

It really changes with the light in each room, which is why I don't really want to put it on the wall until we've opened the room up to the kitchen and the south facing windows over the sink. Taking the wooden things off the windows will definitely help, although I will need to put up something for privacy and security's sake. 

Kelly Rae Roberts used this BM Covington Blue in her bathroom. This image is via Decor Pad. If I chicken out on the bold aqua, this may be my fall back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment