Monday, April 29, 2013

At Last!

My love has come along...


As of 4:30 p.m. today, we are officially old home-owners! After the months of negotiating back and forth, the seller didn't even come to the closing. He came in Sunday afternoon and signed everything before we even got there. If I had known that, I might have had a much better night's sleep last night. As it was, I had stress dreams all night about trying to get to closing and there were a million escalators at school and I was trying to call the Mr. and tell him where I was and how hard I was trying to get there and water kept getting on my cell phone and then I had to walk across campus in the dark and I got attacked by werewolves. 

So in comparison, it's been a pretty quiet day, really. Wallpaper removal and contractors are on the docket for tomorrow, along with a bunch of phone calls for utilities and dumpsters and all that. 

(P.S. For months I've been texting our realtor: If we get to closing, I'll bring cupcakes. If we get to closing, I'll kiss the seller! If we get to closing, there is going to be champagne. We got to closing, and then he drove us back to the house for a champagne toast. Our new next door neighbor came over to toast with us. Pretty sweet afternoon.)

(P.P.S. Do you SEE that window frame??!?!? And the formica backsplash?!?!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment