Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Let there be light!!!

Notice anything different?


For the first time in several months, we have lights!!!!!!!!!!! (!!!!!!!)
We have lights in the basement and the attic, and it only took one weekend.  ONE WEEKEND. 
We bought a ceiling fan for the playroom upstairs and are hopeful that we won't actually be threading new wiring through the plaster, just making new connections and putting new outlet boxes on. So we could be ready to paint in the bedrooms in another week or so. 

SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

*That's the Kid's new-to-him bedframe in the picture above. $100 on Craigs List. Solid vintage brass. Score!


Also, I painted the exterior doors. Palladian Blue, Benjamin Moore. Apparently I suck at cutting in so I never took real pictures for you. See how the angle of the shot completely obscures my crappy edging?


Not all our internet purchases are happy ones, unfortunately. 
But I got a great deal and fast shipping on one half of a Gerber Viper toilet with elongated bowl! I'm going to order the tank tonight but apparently I need a fair amount of extra pieces and such. And a toilet seat. I'll have to consult The World's Most Meticulous Plumber before we make our weekly (or thrice weekly, depending) run to Menards.

We left the attic light on because 1) we can! and 2) you have to climb into the attic to turn it off and 3) we have the fancy ugly florescent bulbs so it's using a minuscule amount of power and 4) it's really nice to have the house look inhabited. With a broken window. Cause we keep it so classy like that. 





1 comment: