Monday, July 8, 2013

The armadillo has left the building

The armadillo has left us, and no one seems to know when or how. Given the current state of the project, I can't really blame him at all. Via con Dios, Senor Armadillo. 

I tried to take pictures but it was kind of hard to understand the overall effect of cabinets piled in every room and dust all over. So I made a little video for you. 

Check out our sweet rotted floor joists that were hiding behind the grody kitchen ceiling. Wait - are you not supposed to let sewage sit on those for years? Really?

So, new plan. We need decent floor joists. Then we can have plumbing and electric. Then we can have a bathroom, then we can have paint and floors and all of that. Maybe, sometime before we pay off the mortgage, we can live here. In the meantime, I'm trying to convince the Mr. that we should just put in a glass floor tub/shower. So people in the kitchen can enjoy the light and the... view. It'll be a feature

He's not yet convinced on that bathroom design, but he did 'rough in' the new sink and faucet in the half bath for me. I like the pedestal sink and I think the size is just right... except for the part where I now have this tile problem. The holes in the tile (and wall) were from prior sinks, sinks which were apparently taller. I liked the faucet on the sink in person but in the picture it seems a lot taller. Hmmmm. 


Please to note how our wall is not 90 degrees. It's not too bad in this picture but the gap is pretty noticeable in person. No idea on what to do about it yet. Maybe I can replace the damaged tiles with black? Is that too weird? I'd love to take out some of the accessories. Two soap holders and a toothbrush holder and a towel bar is an awful lot of stuff on the wall for a tiny half bath. I think they are 70's era so I don't think I'd be destroying history. 


When googling possible sources for vintage peachy pink tile, I happened across this site: Save the Pink Bathrooms. I haven't taken the pledge, but I'm doing my best. Truly.



No comments:

Post a Comment