Saturday, December 7, 2013

Insanity

The past three weeks have been a mad dash to get the house habitable as quickly as possible. Habitable might still be a stretch, but I am writing this post from my bed in the new house! 

We hired all the guys. (Our electrician is actually a woman, but you get the gist.) On the whole they have been pleasant and friendly and easy to work with, despite the logistical issues of plumbing vs. electrical vs. drywall vs. tile. I think our biggest setback has actually been scheduling around Thanksgiving. Seriously people! Quit holidaying already. (J/k)

We had a rare night out a few weeks back, and I was showing these pictures to friends who were asking how the house was going. After I asked one of them how things were going for them, and he said "Well I don't have any pictures of my water softener on my phone, so..." We are, apparently, old.


 In line water filter, or something like that. 

Our petting zoo of kitchen appliances! We have guys taping and mudding drywall as I type so hopefully these will be in the right spots soon. I made the Sears guys week when I walked in and said, "Mr. Darryl, I'm ready to buy". 


We got spray foam insulation. It is messy! It makes the Mr. very happy. 

The master bedroom. It is no longer this clean. The Mr. made the lights work and installed the ceiling fan all by himself. Still waiting for the electricians to connect the 'receptacles' aka outlets.

The kids playroom and the master as of 48 hours ago. I love love LOVE how the paint colors have been working out. Hotel Cincinnatian Abbey (valspar) for the kid and Palladian Blue for us (Ben Moore). Pantone Ecru in the landing. 


Bathroom floor!

Master floor. We used Rejuvenate to seal the floors, although the master didn't get the full dry time before drywallers were walking through it. We will see what it looks like when it's clean. 


About 3pm yesterday.  Pantone Ecru on the walls. Grandpa T did all the cutting in around the crown molding without tape. Amazing. 


About 9pm last night. Liquid level over electric heat. You might remember that we took out the heating duct to this room when we enlarged the wall opening downstairs. They will put the tile in today. 


My current view. In a blessing from the past or a show of gratitude or whatever, I discovered that someone had but screw holes exactly 40" apart which made it possible for me to hang six sets of blinds in about 40 minutes with my eyes crossed from exhaustion. Thank you, house. Thank you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment